IMPORTANT! All fields must be completed for your application to be considered.
Do you consider yourself to have a disability?
Are you happy to be contacted?
From time to time we may want to contact you for research or survey purposes, or to notify you of further learning opportunities. If you would like to be contacted please tick the box below.
Further information about use of and access to your personal data, and details of organisations with whom we regularly share data are available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/esfa-privacy-notice.
Will you require day-time child care places for children aged 2-5?
Employment Status (Education & Skills Funding Agency requirement)
Please tick one box from the 4 categories below:
For many courses you will also be required to pay your examination fees and a contribution to resource costs. The full course cost will be made clear to you at the time of enrolment. Please note fees must be paid in full at the time of enrolment.
Previous Qualification Level
What is your HIGHEST level of educational qualification achieved so far? Please tick one box:
Learning Agreement between Our Newham Learning & Skills and the Student
UNDERTAKING BY OUR NEWHAM LEARNING & SKILLS
Our Newham Learning & Skills has provided assessment and guidance covering the choice of course, entry requirements, an assessment of the suitability of the learning programme and any additional support required. Our Newham Learning & Skills undertakes to provide teaching at an appropriate standard and for the length of time specified, provided a sufficient number of students are enrolled on the course and remain on programme.
Angelique Grygorcewicz Townsend
Principal of Adult Learning
Our Newham Learning & Skills
UNDERTAKING BY STUDENT
By entering my name below I certify I have received the assessment and guidance referred to the above. I undertake to attend every session (whether that be in person or on-line) of the course, to complete any work set for me in connection with the course and to respect the needs of my fellow students at all times. I also agree to be entered for any examination linked to the course which I am studying.
Information you should read before making your declaration and confirm your enrolment
- Refunds will only be considered for students who withdraw before the fourth week of their course. In the event of a refund being given, a £10 administration fee will be retained from the course fee. In accordance with audit requirements, a refund must be applied for in person with the original receipt given for the fee. If the receipt is lost then the person must apply in writing for a refund. Refunds will be made by cheque (cash refunds are not given) and posted to the student by the London Borough of Newham. However, if you paid by credit/debit card, we will need your card details again to make the refund because we do not keep card details on file.
- From time to time photographic and other recordings of students and their work may be made for examination assessments or for publicity purposes. In signing this enrolment form you agree to these recordings taken place whilst you are undertaking activities with us.
- Consent: Under the Data Protection Act 1998, we need your consent before we can use your personal data. Most of our courses are funded by the Government through the Greater London Authority (GLA). Over 50% of the cost of each course is paid for by the Government through the GLA. This subsidy will not be paid if we do not process information about you in the format required by the Government. To process this information and obtain the subsidy therefore we need your consent. Please sign and date the form in the space provided.
- Your personal and enrolment data will be processed electronically onto a database. This is governed by the Data Protection Act 1998 (see below). A paper enrolment form and learning agreement will be kept securely in accordance with audit requirements.
- Greater London Authority and how we use your personal information.
Data Protection Act 1988 - The personal information you provide is passed to the Chief Executive of Greater London Authority (GLA). The GLA are responsible for funding, planning and encouraging education and training for young people and adults in England and is registered under the Data Protection Act 1988. The information you provide will be shared with other organisations for the purpose of administration, careers and other guidance, and statistical and research purposes. Other organisations with which we will share the information include, the Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills, Education & Skills Funding Agency, Higher Education Statistics Agency, Higher Education Funding Council for education institutions and organisations performing research and statistical work on behalf of the GLA or its partners. The GLA also administers the Learner Registration Service (LRS) which will use your information to create and maintain a Unique Learner Number (ULN). The GLA is also a co-financing organisation and uses European Social Funds from the European Union to directly or in-directly part-finance learning activities, helping develop employment by promoting employability, business spirit and equal opportunities, and investing in human resources. Further information about partner organisations the ULN and what they do, can be found at:
By entering my name below I certify that the information I have given on this form is correct and I give my consent to the processing of this information for all purposes relating to my application. I understand that the full details of that processing and my rights in this respect are set out in the Our Newham Learning & Skills Data Protection Policy which is available by contacting LBN. I understand that the information given on this form, including the details of ethnicity, can be used for any matter related to my application for a programme of study. I give my consent to the processing of data on the understanding that the information I have supplied will be used only for the purposes set out above and my consent is conditional upon Our Newham Learning & Skills complying with its obligations and duties in accordance with the Our Newham Learning & Skills registration under the Data Protection Act 1998.